The UK’s Love For Apple iPhone Increases

Apple have reasons to be cheerful in 2015, as over the last few months of 2014 they saw sales of iPhones take an increased share of the smart phone market in 8 separate countries, despite overall sales of smart phones declining over the period. The upturn in Apple’s fortunes was certainly helped by the launch of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, according to trusted research firms.

The only country that saw weaker Apple sales was in Japan, where they saw a decrease of roughly 15% in their share of this market, but that wasn’t the case in the US, Europe (UK, Spain, France, Italy and Germany) and further afield in China and Australia.

As far as the US is concerned, the iPhone 6 sold better than any other smart phone, with 19% of all smart phone sales, while Android phones, although still dominant there, lost market share. Android still dominates European markets too, but experienced a 3% drop in market share, while the Apple iPhone share went up by 12% mainly down to the iPhone 6 – it’s a great picture for Apple.

If you’re one of the declining number of people who don’t yet have a smart phone, you may soon find it impossible to replace your old mobile handset with anything else – sellers are reported to be planning to drop the older style mobiles in favour of providing smart phones for any handset replacements. Roughly 60% of current mobile users have a smart phone, so there is still quite a bit of room for manoeuvre for Apple to increase sales still further in US and Europe and sell to the other 40%.

Looking specifically at the UK, Apple iPhones have been a great success and the iPhone 6 / 6 Pus especially so. While Android saw a nearly 7% drop in markets share, Apple managed to grow share from 30% to over 40%, a terrific achievement, and this was despite some of the bad press that the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus generated. Who can forget the ‘Bendgate’ issue, where the new larger and slimmer phones were reported to have become distorted when put in a back pocket? Or how about ‘Hairgate’ where some users (presumably men) complained that the cases trapped facial hair, and people with longer hair said that strands became trapped? Oh, and the software lockout glitch as well – none of these issues proved to be too much for the UK public who went on an Apple buying spree before Christmas.

The new Apple iPhones only went on sale in September 2014, and experts are predicting that the longer the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are on sale, the more non-Apple customers will be wooed to the party. This view was backed by a uSwitch survey, which placed 3 Apple iPhones at the highest places on their best sellers of December 2014 chart. The iPhone 5s took the top slot, followed by the iPhone 5c, and then the newcomer, the iPhone 6 – it looks like it’s true, we really do love an Apple in the UK.

Who we are

iTechnician is a network of likeminded iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac and Apple Watch repairers covering England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The technicians have a combined experience of over 400 years in repairing Apple devices. iTechnician was formed with one vision, to provide an affordable, reliable and honest Apple device repair service to private and commercial customers in the UK. Our technicians provide just what you need - professional, local repair service at low prices and a free smile on all jobs .

Our Apple repairs
Private

Whatever your needs, we have rapid and affordable iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac and Apple Watch repair services near you.

iPhone repairs iPad repairs Mac repairs iPod Touch repairs iPod Nano repairs iPod Classic repairs

Map Pointer

Popular locations in the UK for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac and Apple Watch repairs

With the iTechnician network covering the whole of the United Kingdom our trusted, local teams are able to repair or buy back your Apple device at the right price. Contact your local iTechnician for fast and cost-effective iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac repairs.

Aberdeen | Belfast | Birmingham | Brentford | Bristol | Cardiff | Edinburgh | Glasgow | Lancaster | Leeds | Leicester | Liverpool | London | Londonderry | Manchester | Milton Keynes | Newcastle | Nottingham | Oxford | Poplar | Sheffield | Thames Ditton | More iTechnician Locations...

What are you waiting for? Request a quote today

Featured in